Closing the Loop is a Dutch social enterprise that makes mobile phone use circular for companies and governments. We encourage reuse of mobile phones and ensure that broken phones from developing countries are recycled in a responsible manner. This is good for people, the environment, climate and the economy. With this approach we won the Circular Award 2018.
What will you do?
As a social enterprise it is about impact first. What are our positive and negative impacts on the nature, people and economy? What are our opportunities to create an even better proposition and how does this relate to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? These questions are two examples we’re currently working on while developing our impact framework and measurement tools. To set this up successfully, we’re looking for you!
This internship is about making an impact!
You will be inspired by the personal stories of our local partners in Africa through collecting data and you will take the first step in developing and writing an impact report that will eventually be published.
- University or college student around impact measurement, social sciences, international development studies, life cycle analysis;
- Proactive attitude, independent and easy writer;
- Good knowledge about qualitative and/or quantitative research;
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch;
- Knowledge in the field of electronics, telephony, circular economy is an advantage.
You are looking for
- A young and enthusiastic team;
- The coolest and award-winning social enterprise in the Netherlands;
- An internship with impact for 4-5 days a week, for 4-6 months, beginning of September 2019;
- Working in an office with other scale-up organisations in Amsterdam South;
- An inspiring environment, with of course a internship allowance and good guidance.
Apply and information
Send your CV and application letter to Annick Mantoua (COO) before 26th of July via annick.mantoua [at] closingtheloop.eu
You can also contact her for questions.